Monday, July 27, 2009

Shelf Perch

The screen perch I used last year was a bit "intrusive" given the already tight space offered by an apartment so I took some inspiration from other shelf perches I've seen and made this up this weekend:

Attached directly to the wall, should be out of the way for my wife and out of reach for my son. It's made from a 17" x 23" whiteboard (Good for tallying season totals as we go! See upper right hand corner...) with a thin plywood backing for strength and composite board rounds cut in half with astroturf on top. I may make one more adjustment before it actually goes up on the wall but I'm pleased with it so far. I'm really looking forward to it being occupied...

5 comments:

Stephen Olner said...

looking good

A3 Network Video Blog said...

Hello, sorry for posting off the topic, but I'm a reporter in Miami who is looking for an expert falconer to do a story on the sport.

Anyone in South Florida?
buster@watcha3.com

Isaac said...

Hi Buster,

I've passed your info on to falconers I know in FL. Hopefully they'll get in contact with you.

Matt Mullenix said...

Isaac,

I like that idea for the combo backboard/tally sheet. That's creative and functional!

Could use a section to chart weight loss, too...

Isaac said...

Thanks Matt,

I'd thought of doing something with weight as well. The only problem is, it's not that big so a chart isn't really feasible. But maybe a running week or details about conditions on a kill? Many possibilities for sure! We'll see how it goes. 29 days...