Tuesday, October 23, 2007

The little things that can make your day... 小さいな出来事

Yesterday my wife and I headed out to CostCo to do some shopping. As we pulled onto one of the main roads something in the field to our right caught my eye. I caught the tail end of a merlin stooping and missing a sparrow, throwing up again and rolling into a second pass. Since the car was moving and it was a busy road I couldn't stop to watch how the chase proceeded but that sparrow looked to be in deep trouble the way that merlin was flying. Non-falconers (my wife included) don't understand how something like that can get a person so excited but I had a smile on my face the rest of the day! If I had been able to get my license this season I wanted to fly a merlin but the way things are shaping up it looks like I'll have to settle for rare moments like those, hawking with others, and of course...youtube videos!

昨日奥さんと買い物に出た時道の横の広場の上に何かが目にかかりました。見てみるとマーリンがスズメを追いかけたところでした。車が走っていたから数秒しか見えなかったけどあれだけでも一日笑顔でした。いつかマーリンやりたいな。

1 comment:

Mom N said...

Ike--what a totally cool video. Whose is it? Where was it? So glad you're posting here again. Great to see all this. It won't be too long before you're the one in the video.
xoxo
Mom